Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dobrewski_77

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Plovdiv,Bulgaria
Good morning guys!

I got my iPhone 13 Pro on 18th December 2021. Since then I'm enjoying it - great cameras, super smooth experience, that 120Hz really rocks out, the battery lasts 2 days and a half depending on the usage, but one thing really catches my eyes this morning.

My battery health dropped to 99%. According to Coconut, the design capacity is exactly 99.3%. I'm not stressed out, just wanted to ask If that's being normal for such a short period of time.

My charging habits are the same since my iPhone 8 Plus - 20 to 80% and sometimes overnight charging. I'm using Apple's 20W FastCharger and a 5W charger at my office. I'm using social media apps like IG, Facebook, Twitter etc.

Does a reset will change something or I should just use the phone as it is (cuz it's really amazing) and not worry about numbers. Have a lovely Sunday lads!

Screenshot 2022-01-23 at 9.38.47.png

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
My bad. Saw the wrong number.
Don’t worry about such small fluctuation. As long as you use your iPhone just fine, your battery will be just fine without any issue.

Tsepz

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
Good morning guys!

I got my iPhone 13 Pro on 18th December 2021. Since then I'm enjoying it - great cameras, super smooth experience, that 120Hz really rocks out, the battery lasts 2 days and a half depending on the usage, but one thing really catches my eyes this morning.

My battery health dropped to 99%. According to Coconut, the design capacity is exactly 99.3%. I'm not stressed out, just wanted to ask If that's being normal for such a short period of time.

My charging habits are the same since my iPhone 8 Plus - 20 to 80% and sometimes overnight charging. I'm using Apple's 20W FastCharger and a 5W charger at my office. I'm using social media apps like IG, Facebook, Twitter etc.

Does a reset will change something or I should just use the phone as it is (cuz it's really amazing) and not worry about numbers. Have a lovely Sunday lads!

. View attachment 1948162
Your battery health could drop the very same day you get the phone or many months later to, either way if your battery life is still good you’ll be fine.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
This is how everyone should use the battery health reporting feature:

1. Look at it once, one year after buying a new phone then once every 6 months afterwards.

2. When run time becomes annoyingly short and the battery health reports less than 80%, have the battery replaced or buy a new phone if you feel rich and wasteful.

That’s it!

dobrewski_77

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 10, 2015
Plovdiv,Bulgaria
Thank you all for the replies! Have another question: since my iPhone 11 Pro, somehow I couldn't see when the Optimised Battery Charging features work. On my XS I was able to see a couple of times a notification when this feature worked, but ever since my 11 Pro (my last phone) and my 13 Pro now I can't see when this works and when not.

I know it's not a big deal, just curious :)

OhMyMy

Suspended
Oct 21, 2021
Thank you all for the replies! Have another question: since my iPhone 11 Pro, somehow I couldn't see when the Optimised Battery Charging features work. On my XS I was able to see a couple of times a notification when this feature worked, but ever since my 11 Pro (my last phone) and my 13 Pro now I can't see when this works and when not.

I know it's not a big deal, just curious :)
I believe it only appears the first time it starts working. Any day after that you won’t see a notification unless your schedule changes and it re-learns your patterns again for the process.
For now you could just look at the battery graph and if you see a flatline for a couple hours it means it’s working.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
I believe it only appears the first time it starts working. Any day after that you won’t see a notification unless your schedule changes and it re-learns your patterns again for the process.
For now you could just look at the battery graph and if you see a flatline for a couple hours it means it’s working.
That not my experience. When I was using it I got a notification every time it engaged (confirmed from looking at battery percentage graph in settings). The reason I stopped using it was because it was very unreliable even though my schedule/location for charging never changed. It would work perfectly for weeks, then for no reason it would stop working.. Now I use a smart plug with automations for turning on and off when it reaches certain percentages (40%/85%). Works extremely well and I don't miss OBC at all..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.