Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rmaximo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
Hi all--

I'm using iOS 10.2.1 on an iPhone 6s and iPad Pro (12.9).

I'm noticing that when I watch videos in Safari or the YouTube app, and I swipe down from the top to access Notification Center, the dark pull-down arrow that's supposed to appear is acting strangely.

Sometimes when I swipe down, the arrow does not appear. Then I swipe down again and Notification Center comes down.

Other times, the arrow will instantly appear after I swipe down and then bounce back up again--requiring a second swipe to get the arrow, and a third swipe for Notification Center.

Again, this is only when watching videos. Happens regardless of app, and I'm seeing it on my iPhone 6s and my iPad.

It's a minor thing, but annoying. Anyone else noticing this?

EDIT: One other note: this bug happens when the video is running full screen/holding your device horizontally (regardless of app)

Thanks!

Last edited:

SSAJ

macrumors 6502
Aug 30, 2016
Nahh!!its the way ios is it just confirms that you actually wanna pull down the notification center since notification center access within apps is turned on its nothing to worry about its just the ios conforming it

rmaximo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
I think you're talking about the purpose of the arrow. The arrow itself has a bug though.

Reactions: midkay

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
If the background around the area is black, the arrow will be tinted black, and 'not show'. It's quite an annoying issue, as you know it's there but it may not actually be there.

Reactions: rmaximo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.