Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

URGE_IO

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 29, 2020
Really impressive, here is a video on YouTube: "100 meter Drop Test with the iPhone 12 Pro". The iPhone survived the fall from 100m. Do you think that has something to do with the ceramic shield?

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Just wonderful. Shortage of phones, everyone wants theirs and these i*****s destroy a phone. They should not be allowed to buy another one for two years.

Joins forum just to promote his video, isn’t that precious. I feel ill that I watched it thereby promoting this waste.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

tonywalk

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2007
Broadbottom,Cheshire
Just wonderful. Shortage of phones, everyone wants theirs and these i*****s destroy a phone. They should not be allowed to buy another one for two years.

Joins forum just to promote his video, isn’t that precious. I feel ill that I watched it thereby promoting this waste.
How many do you think Apple destroyed in development?

Having recently had my iPhone 11 Pro literally bounce into a canal never to be seen again, I find these videos interesting as it gives an indication of durability of the device

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
How many do you think Apple destroyed in development?

Having recently had my iPhone 11 Pro literally bounce into a canal never to be seen again, I find these videos interesting as it gives an indication of durability of the device
Right.....100 meter drop. Really credible test for durability. Like to see 100 meter drop with phone in pocket, now that would be a test I could get behind. Could jump from 10 story building. Might need two phones and two guys. One to hit phone down and other to hit body down. Phone might survive the body down fall, what you think?

Reactions: BigMcGuire

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL

You are so uptight. Go out and get some fresh air. There are far more pressing things to be this worked up about. Being this pressed over a guy producing a video (that was actually pretty cool to watch) doesn't warrant your sour attitude.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.