Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Naimfan

Suspended
Jan 15, 2003
I know I have another thread about this but that was before Apple released the new MBA. I have read as much as I can about people debating over the same topic but I can't still decide which is best for me.
(Emphasis added.)

SEARCH is your friend--there are only about 50 other identical threads.

And if you those threads don't help you make up your mind, what on earth makes you believe reading anything further will help?

Adamantoise

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2011
Lord have mercy.

Please read the other threads that already contain the information you seek.

I swear, half of you that make these threads already know what you want, and it's usually not the reasonable decision.

Just read the other threads on the front page. Let this horse rest in peace, it died a long time ago.

palpatine

macrumors 68040
May 3, 2011
just flip a coin.

given your usage, you could probably get by with an ipad for most of your work (that's what i do), but you are wondering if something you might do in the future with software that hasn't even been invented yet will work (safest bet is mbp), and you are worried that apple might release a new model someday and you don't want to look behind the times (safest bet for form is mba)?

so many other threads going on and on about this kind of future proofing. if i were you, i'd get an ipad +keyboard for campus and an mbp for home, live for today, and stop agonizing over tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.