Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luckman212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
I have a small function in my .bash_profile that validates all the $PATH entries on my system. First thing I noticed after today's 13.3 update were these 3 new invalid paths being set:

Code:
/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/bin
/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/local/bin
/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/appleinternal/bin

Anyone else seeing this? The /var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/ directory does exist, but there's nothing in it.

These are coming from /etc/paths.d/10-cryptex and can be seen by running the following command:
Code:
eval "$(/usr/libexec/path_helper -s)"; tr : '\n' <<<"$PATH"

Last edited:

luckman212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
Future or not, they are invalid right now. None of the paths exist.

PradeepKumar2002

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2023
I have a small function in my .bash_profile that validates all the $PATH entries on my system. First thing I noticed after today's 13.3 update were these 3 new invalid paths being set:

Code:
/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/bin
/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/local/bin
/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/appleinternal/bin

Anyone else seeing this? The /var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/ directory does exist, but there's nothing in it.

These are coming from /etc/paths.d/10-cryptex and can be seen by running the following command:
Code:
eval "$(/usr/libexec/path_helper -s)"; tr : '\n' <<<"$PATH"
Were you able to overcome this issue? If so, can you please share the details?

luckman212

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 27, 2009
@PradeepKumar2002 I was able to "overcome" the issue by just setting up a small function in my .bash_profile to remove/ignore them. But no, as of 13.5.1 these paths are still being set by the system, and they still don't exist

1692985671526.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.