Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aitor__1990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
Hello,

I would like to know your opinions about which iPhone to buy, 14 pro or 15 (not pro).

The 14 pro has the telephoto lens and the always on screen, while I don't know what advantages the 15 could offer me... what do you think is the best option?

Thanks!!

okkibs

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2022
The only day-to-day-use advantage of the non-pro 15 is being able to use a single cable for all Apple devices now with the USB-C port (though the speed is unchanged as the port remains at USB2.0). Unless lightning is a deal-breaker for you the 14 Pro overall has the better hardware. Especially if you charge mostly wirelessly the port won't matter that much. But there have been moments for me where I am away from home, the iPhone's about to die and I can't find a lightning cable. Last time that happened to me I went to a store with the intention of getting a lightning cable and ended up spending $2 more and got an entire wireless charger instead that even came with its own cable. That's how silly and overpriced anything lightning is.

tl;dr lightning vs USB-C

aitor__1990

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2023
The only day-to-day-use advantage of the non-pro 15 is being able to use a single cable for all Apple devices now with the USB-C port (though the speed is unchanged as the port remains at USB2.0). Unless lightning is a deal-breaker for you the 14 Pro overall has the better hardware. Especially if you charge mostly wirelessly the port won't matter that much. But there have been moments for me where I am away from home, the iPhone's about to die and I can't find a lightning cable. Last time that happened to me I went to a store with the intention of getting a lightning cable and ended up spending $2 more and got an entire wireless charger instead that even came with its own cable. That's how silly and overpriced anything lightning is.

tl;dr lightning vs USB-C
Thank you very much for your opinion!

I think the iPhone 14 Pro is better for me right now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.