Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I transferred my photos from my old MacBook to my new MacBook Pro yesterday and they appeared in my iPhoto Library. However, when I launched iPhoto 5 minutes ago, they weren't there... System Profile says I have 140MB of photos, but I don't know where they are. Does anyone know where they'd be located?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Feed Me

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2012
Location Location
I transferred my photos from my old MacBook to my new MacBook Pro yesterday and they appeared in my iPhoto Library. However, when I launched iPhoto 5 minutes ago, they weren't there... System Profile says I have 140MB of photos, but I don't know where they are. Does anyone know where they'd be located?

Thanks for your help.

Try pressing the Option key (alt) and then click on iPhoto to launch it.
You should get a window asking you to select a library, is the library you transferred there?

Prof.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
Try pressing the Option key (alt) and then click on iPhoto to launch it.
You should get a window asking you to select a library, is the library you transferred there?
Okay, did that. It just says "Default" library. Not sure what happened, but it appears all my photos magically disappeared. Thankfully I still have them on my MacBook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.