Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
Stock 2.6Ghz 15" MBP w/ Touchbar crashes semi-randomly with Safari and Firefox. I say semi-randomly because it can't regularly be reproduced but when it does happen it's alway after I do a two finger scroll. Then the screen shows all open windows and my hidden dock appears. After that the computer freezes though when I move the cursor over the dock icons they enlarge -- however, no functions can be accomplished. I have force shutdown and restart at that point.

Anyone else seen this on there new MBP? I do not have Flash installed. On Safari the only plugin I have installed is Ghostery. On FireFox I have No Script and Ad Block Plus. Despite this I'm thinking this isn't a hardware issue but something going on with a bad javascript or something. Also odd, even though the system freezes there isn't always a crash report left behind. My last crash report is from Dec but my MBP has froze several times this month so far.

I haven't had any issue when using with any other app.

HeatherA

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
I get frequent crashes when exporting files from iMovie or FCP both to desktop and YouTube. Haven't had any browsers causing crashes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.