Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WallStreetKernel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 25, 2023
Has anyone noticed a clipping/rattle of audio from the front facing speaking (top speaker) when playing audio (particularly voice) at 100% volume? It’s noticeable particularly in the below video on the “left” side. Trying to determine if an issue and I should get my unit replaced, or if it is normal. Thanks

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
Yes, same rattle on my unit as well. Doesn't happen on the 13PM I have, hopefully can be addressed with a software update.

Ron21

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2007
I think it's some kind of issue with the volume/calibration of the top speaker, it's louder than my 13PM but does have the rattle/crackle at full volume.

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
I’m noticing crackle on the Chalet ringtone. Unless it’s supposed to have that scratchy retro phonograph sound which maybe it does. Can anyone try that ring tone and report back? If I try other ring tones I don’t hear the crackling.

Update: tried the Chalet ringtone on my iPad Pro and it crackles too. I think it’s intentional on this specific ringtone. Like a retro photograph effect. Phew.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.