Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
Hi folks,

Sorry for this stupid question. I'm a girl and I'm in love with the new pink iPhone 16. The problem is I already have a 15 ProMax and in a normal world, I wouldn't bother with a new phone for a few years. But this year's 16 pink color is just gorgeous, and I cannot get it out of my head.

So the real question is, my color preference aside, what is the technology comparison between these two models. Does it make sense to do a trade-in. Or should I just stop thinking about it.

Thanks for your advice.

Reactions: JaraCz

littleRong

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2024
To be honest, I don't recommend upgrading from the 15 Pro Max to the regular 16, because apart from the color and heat dissipation, the screen refresh rate and camera are not as good as the 15 Pro Max. You can simply use a pink protective case instead.

Alicia1

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Gold Coast, Australia
I am going through the same dilemma lol. I had the 15 Pro Max which I have since sold, I really love the pink 16 Plus and the desert titanium pro max. I have both currently on order for collection on Friday, but it is crazy to have 2 phones right??? 😂

• Wow
Reactions: GrandeLatte

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
I am going through the same dilemma lol. I had the 15 Pro Max which I have since sold, I really love the pink 16 Plus and the desert titanium pro max. I have both currently on order for collection on Friday, but it is crazy to have 2 phones right??? 😂
Yeah, you only need one. Which model are you upgrading from? Once you see the two phones side by side, hopefully the decision will be easy.

The dessert titanium looks a bit like gold pro color, which I've had before so I'm not moved. I wish Apple could be more adventurous in their color choices for the Pro lineup. Surely, they can come up with a tasteful pink. Hermes, Chanel all have lots of pink items, Apple can get inspiration from them.

Reactions: orbital~debris

GrandeLatte

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 2, 2016
Thank you all for your quick replies. I thought so too on the specs. I just needed to hear it from you guys.
I'm keeping my 15ProMax, the silver color I thought I would love, but it's really kind of plain, and bland.....like my MacBook.

Yes, I will get a few pink cases!:););)

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Ok folks this in a nutshell is the average iPhone user lol nothing wrong with it but I find it funny when people point out refresh rates when most people don’t care and care more about the color or the camera 🤣

Reactions: Meuti

aim1

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2024
Yeah, you only need one. Which model are you upgrading from? Once you see the two phones side by side, hopefully the decision will be easy.

The dessert titanium looks a bit like gold pro color, which I've had before so I'm not moved. I wish Apple could be more adventurous in their color choices for the Pro lineup. Surely, they can come up with a tasteful pink. Hermes, Chanel all have lots of pink items, Apple can get inspiration from them.
i wouldnt mind a washed out pink color on a pro phone

Screenshot 2024-09-16 at 3.59.53 AM.png

• Love
Reactions: GrandeLatte

JtheLemur

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2002
Hi! As a fellow color enthusiast who is still debating hard between a 16 Pro Max in a yawn color and a 16 Plus in Ultramarine (eeeeee)… some case options that might hit the color you're looking for are below. Honestly none hit exactly the colors I was looking for but take a peek. Also they are all good quality cases.

https://flauntcases.com (weird shape but interesting colors)

You can also see what Peel and Totallee have, just note that you can get very similar cases off eBay or Alibaba for much cheaper provided you can find the color you want

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.