Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eboychik

Contributor
Original poster
Jun 19, 2003
NJ USA
Since updating to iOS 18.1 my CarPlay Apple Maps app is VERY buggy. The map location gets stuck and stops following along with my actual location, when I’m using navigation the map no longer shows a close up of my route, and I am bombarded with “alternate routes” to my destination which I am not interested in.

Anyone else?

ttforever

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2015
Yep noticed the same and some really bizarre instructions like going 10 miles up the a1 coming back down and then going up again! only noticed in the latest beta

Reactions: eboychik

vultuk

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2015
Bolton, England
I use Apple Maps 4 or 5 times per day, when in the UK it was working perfectly. I have been on holiday in Hungary driving 3 or 4 hours per day and it's been flawless.

So not seeing the same issues in 2 countries.

GDMcG

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Since updating to iOS 18.1 my CarPlay Apple Maps app is VERY buggy. The map location gets stuck and stops following along with my actual location, when I’m using navigation the map no longer shows a close up of my route, and I am bombarded with “alternate routes” to my destination which I am not interested in.

Anyone else?
Been using it daily on the latest public beta for commuting to work and had no issues.
CarPlay in iOS 18.0 basically unusable for my wife and I on iPhone 16 connected via USB A to USB C. Will be reporting to Apple Feedback https://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone/

GDMcG

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
Yep noticed the same and some really bizarre instructions like going 10 miles up the a1 coming back down and then going up again! only noticed in the latest beta
Noticed that Apple Maps also stutter and freeze when changing direction

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.