Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

weezin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
Kinda a weird one...

I have a 160GB 1st gen Apple TV that I have plugged into a Cinema Display. I want to use the display as a photo frame.

I would love to be able to load photos onto the Apple TV's hard drive remotely and have it play them as a slideshow or screensaver. With the latest software update, it looks like I can't connect to iTunes, so my only options are MobileMe (no) and Flickr (not ideal due to 1000 photo limit on free accounts).

Do any of the alternative softwares allow me to do something like I'm looking for? aTV Flash, OSMC, etc. I'm having a hard time finding information on what I can do with photos in these pieces of software, especially aTV Flash. That one costs $30, so I'd want to make sure I knew what I was getting.

Thanks!

weezin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 20, 2012
I was able to sync with the Apple TV over a 12" Powerbook, but the image transfer speeds were really slow (and I don't use the powerbook all that much. Still trying to figure out a way to use this!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.