Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smilinmonki666

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
I've just used my SDHC in a Canon SLR which I used yesterday in my Nikon P6000... & now all the images are missing??

Anyone now how to get them back. They're only mess around pic, but I'm playing around trying to teach myself...

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
No didn't format it at all. & all images & missing?
:confused::eek:

It's odd both sets of images are missing. You would think it would be one or the other..
I have a Canon SLR & a Canon P&S, I have swapped the card back and forth but I probably didnt have any problems due to them both being Canon.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
They are missing when you put the card in the camera, or the folder for that camera is missing when you put the card in a reader?

AlaskaMoose

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2008
Alaska
Also keep in mind that the file numbering system can malfunction when swapping cards from one camera to the next. For example, if I grab a card from my wife's XT and use it on my 40D (or vise-versa), the camera is going to use a number greater than the highest number in the card. So, lets say that I buy a brand new camera and use the card from the XT, and that this card has recorded 800 photos. In this case, the first photo on my new 40D will be numbered 801. But if I format the card first, then my camera continues using the numbering system in memory. Since it's anew camera, the first photo on the formatted card will be numbered 0001.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.