Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
UK
I'm looking into buying a (max budget) £200 point-and-shoot for a friend. Any recommendations? Important factors are: ease of use, optical zoom, quick shutter times and a generally good lookin' piece of kit I guess :) .
Has anyone got a camera of this sorta price range? Thanks alot.

SpookTheHamster

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2004
London
I bought a Fuji E900 last week for about £150, which is below your budget. I'm not a fan of P&S cameras, but I was surprised by it's capabilities.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
OwlsAndApples said:
I'm looking into buying a (max budget) £200 point-and-shoot for a friend. Any recommendations? Important factors are: ease of use, optical zoom, quick shutter times and a generally good lookin' piece of kit I guess :) .
Has anyone got a camera of this sorta price range? Thanks alot.

Look out for the Fuji F30 - It is simply the best in it's class with absolutely stunning high ISO, low light photography. This is available for around £170 or less. Check out http://www.pixmania.co.uk and http://www.amazon.com

It has recently been updated to the F31 (not sure if it is out though) but the features of it are not worth the significant extra you pay for it.

David

crap freakboy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
nar in Gainsborough, me duck
Save your money m8. Got the Ixus750 after my IxusII dies. The ISO doesnt go that high yet is rather noisy and the auto focusing is rather hit and miss.
If it hadn't been a surprise replacement from the missis I'd have taken it back.
More than anything else I wish it had some some of anti-shake function as I take mostly pics of the kids. Should have gone for the Fuji suggested.

OwlsAndApples

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
UK
Save your money m8. Got the Ixus750 after my IxusII dies. The ISO doesnt go that high yet is rather noisy and the auto focusing is rather hit and miss.
If it hadn't been a surprise replacement from the missis I'd have taken it back.
More than anything else I wish it had some some of anti-shake function as I take mostly pics of the kids. Should have gone for the Fuji suggested.

Thanks I'll definitely keep that in mind. :cool:

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
Just look at this

F31 will be available in UK in late November. Maybe they have fixed some of the issues with the F30.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.