Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yaccity

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 18, 2014
NJ
2012 MacBook Pro 13" NON-Retina.

The computer has been running dreadfully slow on 5400RPM HDD so I decided to upgrade to SSD. I installed the SSD; however, The system won't recognize the drive. I tried another drive, and still no luck.

Makes me wonder if the seriously slow performance and the two HDDs not coming up is because of a bad HDD cable? I did some searching online, and seems like a common problem.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
2012 MacBook Pro 13" NON-Retina.

The computer has been running dreadfully slow on 5400RPM HDD so I decided to upgrade to SSD. I installed the SSD; however, The system won't recognize the drive. I tried another drive, and still no luck.

Makes me wonder if the seriously slow performance and the two HDDs not coming up is because of a bad HDD cable? I did some searching online, and seems like a common problem.
It's a common problem in the 13's and cheaply and easily fixed. You're not out much money if it turns out the cable was fine. Give it a go.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.