Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimmysofat6864

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 7, 2018
This might be a strange question but here goes. When I use my Mac, it sometimes just cuts power when the battery is at high percentages like 90 percent. I've been able to solve this by calibrating the battery but now I have a new issue. When I get the battery to zero and plug in the charger, my Mac doesn't wake up like my other Macs where the moment I plug in the charger and log in, all my apps are still open and I can pick up right where I left off. However, this is no longer the case as when I plug in the charger, I am brought to an apple logo screen with a progress bar, indicating that it has restarted instead of resuming like it is supposed to. And all my apps have to reopen themselves compared to other Macs where I am able to resume where I left off. Does anybody know how to fix this. I have a suspicion that it is the battery as dismantling it shows that it is aftermarket and coconut battery reports no serial number. This is a Mac that I have had serviced recently.

yQ1IU2qQu6hGR1O4.full-2.png

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Wake up is a state in which data is preserved in RAM via power or in the SSD Swap. Once you deplete the battery, wake up is no longer possible.

The Mac will take this as an unintended shutdown.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.