Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scoopz

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2006
UK
I'm having some issues with graphics glitches which I'm discussing in another thread with others but I've got another new issue now whereby my Macbook pro won't reconnect to WiFi after waking from sleep.

I thought this might be an isolated issue at my house, I rebooted my Vigor 2860AC, updated the firmware on it too but the problem remained and now the same thing has just happened at work, different location, different hardware. It connects to the WiFi network but never picks up an IP address, force requesting a DHCP renew does nothing either and my log files are just filling up with dozens of com.apple.WebKit.Netowrking messages every second.

I don't know if it's related to WEP/WPA though. If I join the open Guest network at work it works fine, try to connect to ANY WPA/WEP secured wifi and it just keeps failing, even after reboot.

Anybody else experienced this before and know a solution?

Jaekae

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2012
I have that too, but i just need to turn wifi off and on again and it connects.. so think it will be fixed in a sierra update

Reactions: scoopz

Suspended
Nov 28, 2016
It's happened once with me, same model. Can you hear any buzzing or electrical noise coming from under your keyboard if you put your ear near it?

Reactions: scoopz
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.