Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andy0883

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2016
Hello!

A question to all MBP-with-Touch-Bar-Owners: I have the new MacBook Pro 13" with Touch Bar.
In case of switching fullscreen-apps like Safari or every other app (except Maps) to desktop, I see every time a short flickering from the Touch Bar. For example, the Safari-Touch-Bar-Buttons flickering/blinking for milliseconds, after I switched to the desktop.

The problem is shown in this video, for a better understanding:

I hope, you can understand, what I mean. Maybe is it an software-issue? Because the Maps-App in fullscreen-mode don't show this issue mentioned above.
Have other owners also this "effect"?

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Try one thing, swipe between black desktops. I wonder if the TB is trying to increase decrease brightness and hence flickering or what.

JPizzzle

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2008
It's flickering the options that it had on the full screen page. Mine did the same thing and it doesn't do it when switching between non full screen programs. I'm guessing it's normal

Reactions: macintoshmac

c8y

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2016
Sydney
Can anyone confirm it was fixed or not in the latest beta? I saw it in the store when I played with the TB and found it very annoying.

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
Hello!

A question to all MBP-with-Touch-Bar-Owners: I have the new MacBook Pro 13" with Touch Bar.
In case of switching fullscreen-apps like Safari or every other app (except Maps) to desktop, I see every time a short flickering from the Touch Bar. For example, the Safari-Touch-Bar-Buttons flickering/blinking for milliseconds, after I switched to the desktop.

The problem is shown in this video, for a better understanding:

I hope, you can understand, what I mean. Maybe is it an software-issue? Because the Maps-App in fullscreen-mode don't show this issue mentioned above.
Have other owners also this "effect"?

It's 100% a software bug and looks like a benign one at that. You should send this video to Apple and report it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.