Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
Just want to be clear - building on the Apple website, I can max out a new 13" MBP w/Touchbar or I can max out a 27" iMac for what is pretty much the same price???? And if I max out the new 15" MBP I am going to be paying about $1,000 more than the maxed out 27" iMac???

Hmmm...it really doesn't make sense. I can get the most powerful desktop Apple offers ATM or the most powerful ultrabook Apple offers (for me the new 13" MBP qualifies as an ultrabook with its dimensions and specs) for the same price???

Already owning a maxed 2015 rMB, I think the answer is obvious, go for the iMac! Problem becomes though, do I wait? Pretty sure the TB3 iMacs are coming Q1 2017, but most likely with the same associated price hike....dilemma!

Pearl Wisdom

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2009
I would wait for the iMac update and hope that there is not an unreasonable price hike. Your signature says that you already have enough Apple products to help you through the wait.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.