Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Minipudding

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2019
Scandinavia
I have a 13" 2017 MacBook Air (with Intel HD Graphics 6000) and it's allocating 1.5GB of my main memory for the integrated GPU. It's far more VRAM than I ever need/use, and I would prefer if I could somehow reduce the amount by perhaps 0.5GB or even more as I regularly run into RAM shortage during certain hungry tasks.

Is there any way to to modify any relevant kernel extensions to accomplish this on Mojave, or is there a way to do it on Sierra?

LogicalApex

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2015
PA, USA
I have a 13" 2017 MacBook Air (with Intel HD Graphics 6000) and it's allocating 1.5GB of my main memory for the integrated GPU. It's far more VRAM than I ever need/use, and I would prefer if I could somehow reduce the amount by perhaps 0.5GB or even more as I regularly run into RAM shortage during certain hungry tasks.

Is there any way to to modify any relevant kernel extensions to accomplish this on Mojave, or is there a way to do it on Sierra?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204349

Graphics memory is dynamically set. How do you know how much graphics memory you need? To say you could allocate better?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.