Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carve

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2006
I own a 2017 13" MBP and recently the "T" key has become dislodged and won't click into place (yping his has been raher annoying). It appears there is a broken nub off of the butterfly key -- see photo for details. I'm a writer so this has been a rather large pain in the ass. How much will it cost to fix? I'm considering purchasing a silicon keyboard cover as a temporary fix...currently working at a startup and the budget is a bit tight.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_8108.jpg
    IMG_8108.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 128

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I own a 2017 13" MBP and recently the "T" key has become dislodged and won't click into place (yping his has been raher annoying). It appears there is a broken nub off of the butterfly key -- see photo for details. I'm a writer so this has been a rather large pain in the ass. How much will it cost to fix? I'm considering purchasing a silicon keyboard cover as a temporary fix...currently working at a startup and the budget is a bit tight.

Thanks in advance!
Have you contacted Apple about getting the keyboard replaced under the warranty extension? They'll most likely try to tell you the repair won't be covered because the key cap came off, but they should replace the keyboard for free so keep pressing them until you get satisfaction.

Reactions: ScreenSavers

ScreenSavers

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2016
Bloomingdale, GA
Yes that should definitely be covered. Tell them you have butterfly keyboard issues and it should be a no questions repair. New top case, keyboard, and battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.