Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redking-cro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 15, 2019
Croatia
Can we determine capabilities/dimensions of the usb-c cable supplied with the iPad Pro 12.9 (2018) and iPad Pro 11.

Can someone measure dimensions of the plastic connector and diameter of cord/cable itself?
I have this data of the stock iPad Pro usb-c cable: cable diameter is 2.8mm, connector:14.5mm x 4.40mm x 10.2mm

If this cable diameter is correct then this stock usb-c cable is only USB 2.0 capable (regarding data transfer) and usb-c refers only to connector type?

Does Apple provide maybe different and better usb-c stock cable to some different markets?

RevTEG

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I use an aftermarket 10 foot long USB-C cable from amazon with my 2018 pro. I'm sure that's too long for high speed data transfer. I just need cables for charging. Fast charging works great.

I also use Apples 30w brick, Apples extension cord, Apples 2 meter USB-C cable. Works great for fast charging as well.

As for as high speed data transfer goes, I'm sorry to say I don't have any info on that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.