Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mika88745

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2019
So I got my brand new 2018 mac mini a week ago. Launched little bugger, installed some apps, experienced my first crash and was still able to boot normally. Few days later another crash and after that, my mini keeps crashing on boot up. Apple logo shows up, progress bar loads around 3/4 and crash happens. Mini keeps booting and crashing until I switch it off.

Did a recovery install on macOS, didn't help... Haven't done clean install as of yet.

Don't know how, but for some reason I came across secure boot options and tried to switch it off completely. And voila! mini works like a charm! No problems ever since.. Today after new Mojave update, I tried switching secure boot option to medium just to see if update fixed anything. Noup, same sh*** keeps happening until I switch secure boot off completely.

Also I get this crash report:
{"caused_by":"macos","macos_version":"Mac OS X 10.14.4 (18E226)","os_version":"Bridge OS 3.4 (16P4507)","macos_system_state":"running","incident_id":"33D752F6-0F38-4957-A439-3D74966802C9","timestamp":"2019-04-01 16:20:54.45 +0000","bug_type":"210"}

"panicFlags" : "0x102",
"panicString" : "panic(cpu 0 caller 0xfffffff025ea1c60): macOS panic detected\nDebugger message: panic\nMemory ID: 0xff

Any guesses?

-Thank you

mwiggles

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
Yeah, Apple has really f**ked up with their recent OS releases as it relates to T2 enabled Macs. The whole 'BridgeOS' thing is full of bugs and it is resulting in lots of these problems. I myself have a 2018 MM and have the exact same issue. The only way I could fix it was to completely wipe the drive and reinstall the OS from scratch.

Mika88745

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2019
Thanks mwiggles.

Any idea where this error points to? "panic(cpu 1 caller 0xffffff800e8dd16d): Kernel trap at 0xffffff7f9294aaee, type 14=page fault.

I guess I'll just have to do a complete reinstall -_-'

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Return it. Don't give Apple money to be a beta tester for the T2
Or just take it to the Apple store and they will fix it. If they can't fix it they'll give you a new one. That service is part of the reason you pay more for Apple products so take advantage of it.

Reactions: user_xyz

Non-Polar

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2017
Or just take it to the Apple store and they will fix it. If they can't fix it they'll give you a new one. That service is part of the reason you pay more for Apple products so take advantage of it.

Lol what? You expect Apple, the company that's put out that trash that's called the MacBook Pro from 2016-2018, to fix it? They'll just swap it out and make it so that you can't return the device anymore. There is no "service" that is exclusive to Apple anymore. Dell's shown more competence in dealing with customers.

russell_314

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2019
USA
Lol what? You expect Apple, the company that's put out that trash that's called the MacBook Pro from 2016-2018, to fix it? They'll just swap it out and make it so that you can't return the device anymore. There is no "service" that is exclusive to Apple anymore. Dell's shown more competence in dealing with customers.
Obviously you're just trolling the forums with your comments. Good luck getting someone to bite. I'm too tired to feed trolls after getting off work

Non-Polar

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2017
Obviously you're just trolling the forums with your comments. Good luck getting someone to bite. I'm too tired to feed trolls after getting off work

Mind telling me what I'm missing here? I would love to know. OP is better off not being tied down to a product which has shown all these issues in other posts, rather than repeatedly going back and forth to the store. But yes, let's throw all logic out the window and label another poster a "troll" because he doesn't agree with your points ;)

Mika88745

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2019
Okay, so I got my problem solved and I didn't even need to take it to the Apple.

Problem turned out to be Razr Synapse software. I uninstalled the software, made sure to also delete razr kext file. After this, I tried both medium and full security options with several restarts and shutdown/start cycles and now for several days my mini has been stable!

Fingers crossed it'll stay like this :D

WilliamG

macrumors G3
Mar 29, 2008
Seattle
Okay, so I got my problem solved and I didn't even need to take it to the Apple.

Problem turned out to be Razr Synapse software. I uninstalled the software, made sure to also delete razr kext file. After this, I tried both medium and full security options with several restarts and shutdown/start cycles and now for several days my mini has been stable!

Fingers crossed it'll stay like this :D

Synapse even crashes my PC. I can’t even imagine how bad it is on Macs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.