Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

incurma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2018
Connected my 2018 MacBook Pro 15" with Radeon Pro 560X to a Dell U2715H via DisplayPort. The colors and font rendering are terrible. Letters seem to change colors as I re-position application windows by a single pixel.

I tried the following:

1. Enabled/disabled LCD font rendering. No difference.
2. Applied different color profiles. No difference.

I am using this USB-C to DisplayPort cable: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J6DT07...subtag=AgEAAAAAAAAAAR80AAAAAGwTUYoAAAAAW2kNHQ

I tried connecting the MacBook to the monitor using a USB-C adapter <> HDMI Cable <> Monitor. Believe it or not the fonts look just fine when using this connection.

My 2017 MacBook Pro 15" connected to the same monitor via DisplayPort (and using the same cable) looks wonderful.

Is anyone running the 2018 MacBook Pro with the same Dell monitor? Is it working as expected?

Can anyone provide help or recommendations for troubleshooting the DisplayPort connection?

timeslip

macrumors member
May 20, 2007
As mentioned in the other thread...

I don't understand how this is a problem on the 2018 Macbook Pro, but my 2017 13" MBP and my wife's Macbook using TB -> Displayport works just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.