Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

islandman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
I was invited to be in the wedding of a great friend of mine from high school. The wedding took place in Artimino, which is relatively near to Florence. I had a great time, and used my 20D (I left the 30D at home), along with the Sigma 12-24 and Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 for these images.

I created the following gallery to share with my friends and the wedding couple. Comments/critique welcome!

http://IslandVows.smugmug.com/gallery/2868716

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
These are pretty nice. There are a couple of pictures where you might want to fix the white balance (#77, 123, 130, 136). Also, you seem to enjoy taking pictures of buildings, especially tall ones. The reason that I'm pointing this out is that if you look close enough, you'll notice that most of the wide angle shots of buildings look like the building is falling over (esp. 11, 4). I know that it's too late, but in the future, if you're interested in shooting architecture, you might want to look into a tilt-shift lens (like the TS-24 Canon makes). Other than that, it looks good. I'm sure your friends are happy.

islandman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
These are pretty nice. There are a couple of pictures where you might want to fix the white balance (#77, 123, 130, 136). Also, you seem to enjoy taking pictures of buildings, especially tall ones. The reason that I'm pointing this out is that if you look close enough, you'll notice that most of the wide angle shots of buildings look like the building is falling over (esp. 11, 4). I know that it's too late, but in the future, if you're interested in shooting architecture, you might want to look into a tilt-shift lens (like the TS-24 Canon makes). Other than that, it looks good. I'm sure your friends are happy.

Thanks for your comments! It's funny that you mention TS lenses because when I got back I went online to find one. My Sigma 12-24, as you said, makes buildings look like they're falling. I was going to try to correct it in Photoshop (using the lens-correction function) but I have doubts about the outcome, so I haven't tried yet.

I also agree on the white balance. I definitely missed those.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.