Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you like Apple to make a a 23" Studio Display?

• Total voters

sherwinzadeh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Here's a public request for Apple to please take the 4.5K display on the iMac and make a Studio Display with it. I want a nice Apple Branded display but honestly I don't really need the biggest screen in the world (I'd even settle for the old 21" size but since they already upgraded to 23"). I think the lower price point will attract a lot more people who would never consider the current $1600 minimum price.

Reactions: zach-coleman

zach-coleman

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2022
Seattle, Washington
I think 24” is very small these days, but considering their only iMac is that screen size Apple clearly does not agree with me. I don’t see why they shouldn’t, it would round out the lineup. Didn’t they always have 3 before the Thunderbolt Display?

Reactions: sherwinzadeh

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
Makes sense to have a matching display to go with the iMac, but would iMac users (those with the 24" model) be likely to want a second display - with sufficient demand to make this a viable product for Apple? I'm not sure about that, but I also don't know what to expect for a larger / Pro iMac that I'm still hoping they will introduce at some point to satisfy all of us 27" iMac users out here. That model, if they do add one to their product line, would be more suitable for a second display in my view.

Reactions: sherwinzadeh

sherwinzadeh

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2008
Makes sense to have a matching display to go with the iMac, but would iMac users (those with the 24" model) be likely to want a second display - with sufficient demand to make this a viable product for Apple? I'm not sure about that, but I also don't know what to expect for a larger / Pro iMac that I'm still hoping they will introduce at some point to satisfy all of us 27" iMac users out here. That model, if they do add one to their product line, would be more suitable for a second display in my view.
I think it would be a great display to use with a Mac mini or a secondary display to use with your MacBook Pro.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I'm all for flexibility and see no reason why Apple couldn't have a lineup of computers. This appears especially reasonable given how much recycled technology they could utilize. Maybe something like:

• 21" - 23.5" Studio Display with a 4K or 4.5K display - $1,199 (let's be honest, Apple disappoints on pricing)
  • 27" 5K Studio Display - $1,699
  • 27" - 29.5" Studio Display Pro with a 5K or 5.5K display - miniLED, HDR, Promotion - $2,899
  • 32"+ Pro Display XDR 6K+ with a cost of $4,999+
The more options they provide at the "lower" end the high they can push the XDR likely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.