Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R-Tillery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
UK
Does anyone know of a decent arm that I could mount on a desktop for my 27" Thunderbolt display? I've searched the Internet but the ones I've found can't take the weight (11Kgs+) or have bad write-ups for being far too flimsy!

Also, same goes for my MBP (late 2013). Would be nice to have them mounted side by side.

Many thanks

campyguy

macrumors 68040
Mar 21, 2014
Can't help with the connection type - I only use VESA mounts - but I do know that the Herman Miller Flo Plus (the "heavy duty" version) supports up to 40 pounds, and we have a couple of 27" VESA iMacs mounted on them in one of my offices.

I've posted about that arm elsewhere recently and about this matter, a quick search here will find it.

R-Tillery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
UK
Can't help with the connection type - I only use VESA mounts - but I do know that the Herman Miller Flo Plus (the "heavy duty" version) supports up to 40 pounds, and we have a couple of 27" VESA iMacs mounted on them in one of my offices.

I've posted about that arm elsewhere recently and about this matter, a quick search here will find it.
thanks for the swift response campyguy, much appreciated.

R-Tillery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
UK
Many thanks Childs - I'll see if they have it in the UK branch. Looks like you have to buy a VESA/Mac adaptor plate too.

tangfj

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2008
I use the Amazon Basics dual monitor arm for a thunderbolt display and a LG 34" widescreen. They make a single monitor mount arm as well... You can find it here: https://amzn.com/B00MIBN16O

Works great for me so far and I'm coming from a single arm Humanscale M8 which was just as expensive as the dual mount from Amazon. I think the Amazon Basics model is manufactured by ergotron according to the reviews I read. Anyway, I'm very happy with my arm!

R-Tillery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2016
UK
Thanks tangfy.

Checking out the dual arm version (here: http://tinyurl.com/h44x729) the load is 20lbs for each 'monitor'. However the Apple 27" Thunderbolt display is 11Kgs / 24.25lbs. I guess there must be some safety tolerance built into the figures somewhere, for the arm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.