Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leoipod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
Hi there,

I have a mid 2009 2.8ghz model. 10.9.1 os.

After I plugged an external monitor through mini port to VGA. There have been 3 desktop screens in mbp.

Even I just use my mbp itself. When i use the the "swipe screen" functions, there are always 3 desktop, exactly the same layout but with different wallpapers... it is really strange.

When I plug the external monitor, then these 3 desktop screens move to external monitor as I set external one as my main desktop, and there finally only one desktop in my mbp.

I try to reset SMC, restart, replug ....not change at all...:(

Please help me, how can I get my single desktop back for my old mbp? I have to access the full-screened app after I swipe 3 desktops screens ....

Thank you guys..

Last edited:

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
If you do a 4-finger swipe-up on the trackpad or press F3 (that's what it is on my 2012 anyway) you'll get Mission Control, you can then hover over the unwanted screens, find the 'x' in the top left corner and then click it to close that 'desktop'.

leoipod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
If you do a 4-finger swipe-up on the trackpad or press F3 (that's what it is on my 2012 anyway) you'll get Mission Control, you can then hover over the unwanted screens, find the 'x' in the top left corner and then click it to close that 'desktop'.

Yeah !!!! Thank your very much!! That's it !!!

A another good lessen learn from you. COOL! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.