Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marlonapp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2015
Here are my current step read outs by app:

Activity: 94
Health: 127
Pedometer++: 173

Do I have my settings messed up somewhere or is one known to be more/least accurate? It would be nice to have a better gauge of my steps activity, especially when gunning for 10000 steps. One day my read outs ranged from 9500-13000.

Thank you kindly in advance!

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
For me, the number of steps shown in Activity and Health are always equal.

Check your data sources for Steps. I have four sources listed, but only the watch and the iphone actually provide data. I lost my misfit a while back and I did have an app (Pedometer) that I deleted a long time ago.

In my set up, I have the watch set at the top of the list (highest priority) since I pretty much have it on all the time. iPhone is the second source.

I will say that the number of steps counted between the watch and the iphone often varies.

marlonapp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2015
For me, the number of steps shown in Activity and Health are always equal.

Check your data sources for Steps. I have four sources listed, but only the watch and the iphone actually provide data. I lost my misfit a while back and I did have an app (Pedometer) that I deleted a long time ago.

In my set up, I have the watch set at the top of the list (highest priority) since I pretty much have it on all the time. iPhone is the second source.

I will say that the number of steps counted between the watch and the iphone often varies.

Thanks! I use Pedometer++ because I can see the steps on my complications. Should I have it set to first priority?

JackieInCo

Suspended
Jul 18, 2013
Colorado
None are correct. Just use the same data source everyday for comparison purposes.

These devices are all kinda stupid and only guess at best.
You can have two identical watches or phones with you and neither of them will ever show the same amount of steps. They even warn you no to trust the accuracy of these devices and that the steps indicated are just to give you a general idea of how many steps you have taken. I often would have my 6S and 6S+ with me in the same coat pocket and they never agreed on step counts. They've differed by 1,000+ steps at times.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Vivian125

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2017
Here are my current step read outs by app:

Activity: 94
Health: 127
Pedometer++: 173

Do I have my settings messed up somewhere or is one known to be more/least accurate? It would be nice to have a better gauge of my steps activity, especially when gunning for 10000 steps. One day my read outs ranged from 9500-13000.

Thank you kindly in advance!
Actually the 10000 steps you are saying is the amount of steps like you are walking, stairs, not sure on escalators though... but inside the car while you are driving miles and miles apart it doesnt count on steps lol.. otherwise it will show 1,000,000,000 steps for sure

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.