Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sideonecincy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2003
Went out today and shot a whole bunch of photos in Raw format and came home and realized I cant open them in photoshop. This is the first time i ever shot in raw with the 30d and never really shot raw with 20d. Downloaded all of the canon updaters that were suppposed to work for the 5d and 20d but couldnt find anything that got photoshop to open my raw files. Any suggestions?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
bibble

Sideonecincy said:
Went out today and shot a whole bunch of photos in Raw format and came home and realized I cant open them in photoshop. This is the first time i ever shot in raw with the 30d and never really shot raw with 20d. Downloaded all of the canon updaters that were suppposed to work for the 5d and 20d but couldnt find anything that got photoshop to open my raw files. Any suggestions?

Use the software Canon inclded with the camera, save as tiff the n let PS read the tiff files. Yes I know it's an extra step.

Also, there are other raw converson software that are maybe better then PS you should try them. One that gets a lot of talk on the forums is "bibble" See http://www.bibblelabs.com/ It's free for 30 days

Bibble supports the 30D and has a mode where bibble can work as a PS plug in. so yes you can get the raw files into PS that way too. Or you can run Bibble in stand alone mode and have it save the files as tiff, PSD or DNG all of which PS can read.

DinoAdventure

macrumors member
May 13, 2005
Search around Adobe's website for plugins. I couldn't open any of the RAW files from my D-50 until I downloaded the proper plugin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.