Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flutegirl822

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2009
Washington
Has anyone tried taking one photo a day for a whole year?
How has it been for you? Were you able to keep it going all year?

alexh123drum

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2009
Manchester, UK
Check out youtube if you havn't already. So many people have done it.

Most of them are for comedy effect but I had a lecture from an artist who basically took a photo a day for a year, but then displayed the pictures in a gallery on a very slow time frame. So you could be looking at the pictures and might think it was just a still, but then come back later and its had changed.

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
Knew this thread was around somewhere but didn't have time to look for it yesterday. There are some links in there you may find interesting.

Actually, while I was looking for this one I saw quite a few, too many to link! Search for '365 project' in MR and you'll soon come up with them.

Most of them were quite short! :)

NathanCH

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2007
Vancouver, BC
There are tons of community groups on FlickR that do it. It's really hard to do though. Most people don't make it 12 months

Randman

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Jacksonville, Fla
There's the free Project 365 app for the iPhone. You can take a photo or select one from your library. I've been doing it, partly because I like taking photos and trying out photography apps, and partly as a photo diary with a short note of what transpired that day.

At times, I've taken photos from my library or even screenshots if applicable.

mickbab

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2008
Sydney, Australia
There's the free Project 365 app for the iPhone. You can take a photo or select one from your library. I've been doing it, partly because I like taking photos and trying out photography apps, and partly as a photo diary with a short note of what transpired that day.

At times, I've taken photos from my library or even screenshots if applicable.

I wonder if there is an app which could send you a push notification at a certain time of day, say 4pm, telling you that you haven't taken a picture yet. Good way to remember the plan.

Abraxsis

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2003
Kentucky
I wonder if there is an app which could send you a push notification at a certain time of day, say 4pm, telling you that you haven't taken a picture yet. Good way to remember the plan.

Just use your iCal feature, if youve taken the shot already simply ignore the alert. If not, start lookin'

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.