Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lion007s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Australia
Hey there, I've noticed after installing iOS 10 GM on my 6S Plus that to initiate multitasking by force pressing on the edge of the screen that it requires a much harder press than when on iOS 9. Is this a bug?

Andrew.s

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Inland Empire
Still easier to use than I remember iOS 9 being for myself with sensitivity set to medium. I did a reset on settings yesterday though, so I'm not sure how it was working immediately after installing GM.

costica1234

macrumors regular
May 21, 2013
Hey there, I've noticed after installing iOS 10 GM on my 6S Plus that to initiate multitasking by force pressing on the edge of the screen that it requires a much harder press than when on iOS 9. Is this a bug?
I noticed the very same thing yesterday after installing the GM (I jumped straight from 9.3.5). It seems that if you wait for a little while after the first "peek" gesture on the edge, then you don't need that much force to triger the "pop". Not sure if a clean install would fix this.

Reactions: Lion007s

Arndroid

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2013
I find swipe left multitasking still to sensitive I keep dragging open the window even when trying to do something else. I feel like I have touched a hot stove 500 times and not learned.

Reactions: Lion007s

Lion007s

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Australia
I noticed the very same thing yesterday after installing the GM (I jumped straight from 9.3.5). It seems that if you wait for a little while after the first "peek" gesture on the edge, then you don't need that much force to triger the "pop". Not sure if a clean install would fix this.

I just tried this too, you are right!!!

I find swipe left multitasking still to sensitive I keep dragging open the window even when trying to do something else. I feel like I have touched a hot stove 500 times and not learned.

Hahaha yeah I know what you mean

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.