Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gelindo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
hi
i'm thinking of buying a dslr camera. but i have a hard time choosing between the 500d and the 50d. witch one should i get ?

thx

gelindo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
i'm going to use it all round for portraits, landscapes ,sports. in september i'm going to take a course of photography

mayer chalom

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2009
Assuming that you are starting with photography I would suggest the rebel and get good glass.

I'm debating the 50d vs 7d, but that is because I need some of the 7d's features (video specifically, t1i's video is not comparable).

Anyway if you've never used an slr/dslr the 50d will probably confuse you. Do you know about the technical aspects of photography; shutter speed, iso, aperture, dof etc. If you don't than you won't really benefit from the controls of the 50d. Image quality is about the same between the two.

nickXedge

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
Long Island
Assuming that you are starting with photography I would suggest the rebel and get good glass.

I'm debating the 50d vs 7d, but that is because I need some of the 7d's features (video specifically, t1i's video is not comparable).

Anyway if you've never used an slr/dslr the 50d will probably confuse you. Do you know about the technical aspects of photography; shutter speed, iso, aperture, dof etc. If you don't than you won't really benefit from the controls of the 50d. Image quality is about the same between the two.

Good advice. Listen to this, OP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.