Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
Hi,

I'll be sending you my dentist's bill. I sustained serious injury when my jaw slammed against the floor.

FX120

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2007
I am not too surprised that the video output from the 5DmkII is so awesome. Although I am very impressed, and it really makes me want to spend the money for one :)

Canon unlike Nikon actually has some (just a few decades) experience with video and CMOS sensors, and this video just proves that the video output from a DSLR camera can be more than just a gimmick as it is on the D90...

I will be eagerly awaiting the frames and rigs that allow the ergonomics of this camera to be more suitable for video use.

Apr 10, 2007
I am not too surprised that the video output from the 5DmkII is so awesome. Although I am very impressed, and it really makes me want to spend the money for one :)

Canon unlike Nikon actually has some (just a few decades) experience with video and CMOS sensors, and this video just proves that the video output from a DSLR camera can be more than just a gimmick as it is on the D90...

I will be eagerly awaiting the frames and rigs that allow the ergonomics of this camera to be more suitable for video use.

Im not sure about it being a gimmick, all these shots are just of snow falling, while they do look very nice I want to see some fast action shots. Im sure besides the lower resolution the D90 could replicate the shots from the video.

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
Im not sure about it being a gimmick, all these shots are just of snow falling, while they do look very nice I want to see some fast action shots. Im sure besides the lower resolution the D90 could replicate the shots from the video.

Everything I've heard on the D90 video is it produces video that you would expect out of a still camera, whereas the 5DmII happens to out perform Canon's current HD Cameras (`Source - search to where he gets to film Reverie.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
WOW

That's amazing quality. I'd want to see it on a big screen, in big format, before I say anything beyond that, but WOW.

Apr 10, 2007
Everything I've heard on the D90 video is it produces video that you would expect out of a still camera, whereas the 5DmII happens to out perform Canon's current HD Cameras (`Source - search to where he gets to film Reverie.

What im saying I want to see how this thing works without a tripod. Have you seen that guys setup? Its freaking amazing, Im not saying its not a very very good video camera, im just saying that with the same setup on the D90 you could make a very nice video, yes the 5D video will look better but im sure the D90 video will hold its own.

FX120

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2007
What im saying I want to see how this thing works without a tripod. Have you seen that guys setup? Its freaking amazing, Im not saying its not a very very good video camera, im just saying that with the same setup on the D90 you could make a very nice video, yes the 5D video will look better but im sure the D90 video will hold its own.

Have you seen the video output of the D90?

Everything I have seen and read about the 5DmkII's video is that there are not the same sorts of problems with the rolling shutter. Which makes sense because canon has been using CMOS sensors in their professional video cameras for years and know better than anyone how to solve the problem.

Hell even the RED One suffers from "rolling shutter syndrome" to some extent.

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT

I was in Salem Oregon over the weekend and they had a display model. I was so overjoyed to just hold one in my hand, and with the 17-40 F4L on it to boot. Sadly, I didn't have my gear with me so I couldn't grab a CF and play around.

A few days later I was in Portland and stopped in one but they had sold the display model. I'm going to hit up some stores tomorrow with one of my L's and a CF Card and take some pictures and video just to see. I know it'll be lame in-store pics but I'd like to see this. I'll get some fast movement to see how it captures it and post it for you.

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Those opening shots are beautiful. I'm impressed how well the mist is captured.

I'm curious... how compressed is the posted video and what file size are you looking at? It seems to play really well so it would be beneficial to know how it was encoded.

thomahawk

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2008
Osaka, Japan
i **** in my pants watching this vid. HOLY ******************

thats nice! makes me want to buy a Canon 5D. but if only if i had the money!! T_T

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Testicle Tuesday Batman!!! I have lived in Las Vegas for over 20 years and i have never seen it look so beautiful. Keep up the good work, and please, please keep sharing!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.