Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I can't find this information anywhere and funnily enough I've seen the question I'm about to ask twice but nobody has answered. Maybe here somebody will.

If I shoot 4 mins of video with the 5d, how long does it take to empty the buffer and continue shooting. How long would it take if I shoot for the whole 12 minutes?

Presha

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
Double Down
Tho there are manyy factors influencing the rate your camera may buffer video. I think one of the most imposrtant would be how fast is your CF card? I.e. 100x, 300x or 600x.

But the best and only way to know is try it and let us know your results!

ewinemiller

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2001
west of Philly
I haven't had problems with the buffer filling just from shooting video. I was using a 300x card (recently bought a bigger card that is 400x). I think if your card is fast enough, it's not getting backed up in the buffer. You can shoot or start recording video right away after stopping recording.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I haven't had problems with the buffer filling just from shooting video. I was using a 300x card (recently bought a bigger card that is 400x). I think if your card is fast enough, it's not getting backed up in the buffer. You can shoot or start recording video right away after stopping recording.

Even if you shoot for 12 minutes straight?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.