Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vitalii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Hey guys. I created this website. http://www.6bpw.com
The idea is simple. I try to fit all people one one page. that's all.
everyone can only upload one image and get one spot on map.
I post it in this forum because I always considered that mac guys like cool stuff.

any comments

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
So eventually you use less and less pixels per person and you end up with six billion pixels (that's a pretty big image!)? Or... I'm confused.

It would be pretty neat if you could somehow mash it up with Google Earth so that everyone's picture was on the globe where they live. It's an interesting idea...

Anyway, good luck.

vitalii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
So eventually you use less and less pixels per person and you end up with six billion pixels (that's a pretty big image!)? Or... I'm confused.

It would be pretty neat if you could somehow mash it up with Google Earth so that everyone's picture was on the globe where they live. It's an interesting idea...

Anyway, good luck.

In the end one pixel will be dedicated to many people. you will need to zoom in to see more. Thanks for advice on google earth. i will think about it.

Forced Perfect

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2004
Toronto, Canada.
My first thought was that a lot of the 6 (I think it is closer to 6.5) billion people in the world don't have regular access to clean water, let alone computers, cameras and internet connections. :p

Shaduu

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2007
Southsea
My first thought was that a lot of the 6 (I think it is closer to 6.5) billion people in the world don't have regular access to clean water, let alone computers, cameras and internet connections. :p

Closer to seven actually. :D

That's over-population for you.

vitalii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Closer to seven actually. :D

That's over-population for you.

6BPW will never hit over-population. Check the website. It can support at least 10 billion and that's enough grows over 2150. By the way, i released new version of site. It has this feature called history. it means that every month user can upload the best moment of the month that they had captured on photo. each month the snapshot of the world will be taken and preserved as hsitory forever. as long as this website will exist. anyway check the site. it is all explained on home page. http://www.6bpw.com

vitalii

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 20, 2007
Chicago Light Festival

I am expanding the 6BPW and added new feature called "day in images".
This is place where everything is allowed. No photo restriction.
I went to Chicago Light Festival and posted all of them in that Category.
If you are interested how it looked then just go to http://www.6bpw.com. Everyone is invited to post photos of this day or other days. it would nice to see how similar event looked in your city. maybe someone from New York

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.