Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Apple changed my iPhone 6s battery a few months ago because of the "recall" and I've been noticing something weird that's getting worse. The screen becomes unresponsive. The phone lags and freezes. I have 30gb of free storage so that's not an issue. Never jailborken/betas. Anyone else start having issues AFTER battery replacement?

Running iOS 10.2.1.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Have you contacted Apple and explained this? You stated they changed the battery a few months ago and you're starting to notice this all of a sudden, perhaps there is something else going on that has no correlation with the battery. Or, perhaps a cable is loose causing the issue with display from the repair.

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
All of Apple's repairs have a 90 day warranty on them. If you are still within that period from when the battery was replaced I would make another Genius Bar appointment and explain to/show them what is going on.

rbk1016

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2013
I have been having the same responsiveness issue lately as well. Weird. My phone was not part of the recall however so original battery still. Same conditions otherwise.

sinophilia

macrumors regular
May 7, 2008
Italy
I had my 6s replaced because of the battery problem with that production batch, and guess what? After just 4 months, the replacement phone got super hot and the screen went black. Now it's completely dead. I must say I'm very disappointed, because I really wanted to keep this one for a long time. I will have it replaced for the second time (2-year European warranty) but I also went out and got myself a jet black iPhone 7 instead - which truth be told, is basically the same phone. But any excuse to get new gear sounds good to me! :D

Have yours checked ASAP unless you want a completely new toy!

macfacts

macrumors 603
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
Apple changed my iPhone 6s battery a few months ago because of the "recall" and I've been noticing something weird that's getting worse. The screen becomes unresponsive. The phone lags and freezes. I have 30gb of free storage so that's not an issue. Never jailborken/betas. Anyone else start having issues AFTER battery replacement?

Running iOS 10.2.1.

Sounds like touch disease.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Sounds like touch disease.

He has a 6s...touch disease does not afflict that model.

He should be dealing with his local Apple Store...we can't help. Note the problems and be prepared to demonstrate them to Apple employees.

Rorosbutt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 6, 2013
Thanks! I have an appointment this week. I was just seeing if others have had the same issues post replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.