Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does your 8 plus have a raised edge you can feel?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
UK
Does the 8 plus normally have raised/rough edges where the glass meets the metal frame?

On the back I can feel an edge, assuming its the plastic gasket between the glass and metal band but after using the seamless 7 plus this doesn't feel great on the hand.

The front glass blends into the metal band in a smooth way. Not sure if my model is slightly off or normal?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Does the 8 plus normally have raised/rough edges where the glass meets the metal frame?

On the back I can feel an edge, assuming its the plastic gasket between the glass and metal band but after using the seamless 7 plus this doesn't feel great on the hand.

The front glass blends into the metal band in a smooth way. Not sure if my model is slightly off or normal?

That sounds slightly abnormal to me. I don't have any rough edges near the glass and metal frame. Everything feels completely even and smooth on mine. Perhaps your model just is manufactured slightly different.

jimmy_uk

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Oct 19, 2015
UK
That sounds slightly abnormal to me. I don't have any rough edges near the glass and metal frame. Everything feels completely even and smooth on mine. Perhaps your model just is manufactured slightly different.

I'm guessing the back should feel as smooth a transition as the front?

I think I'm noticing the front glass to be more curved than the flatter back. Is this right?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.