Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
What do you guys think about this bundle? I don't have Parallels and 1Password and this seems to be a good offer. How about the Kaspersky internet security? Is it a subscription only service?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I've been using CleanMyMac for years now. It's not recommended, but mostly because it's one of those apps you have to configure to do what you want every time, or yes, you will probably do something stupid. The 2.0 version wanted to delete my entire Documents folder the first time I ran it, thankfully I caught it before I hit run.

But it gets updated a lot, and is a legitimate product that is useful for those that don't want to do these things manually.

Fantastical is better on iOS IMO, I prefer the OS X calendar, and I use oneSafe instead of 1Password, however there's lots of raving for 1P. I have MacHider, but I don't actually use it.

The deal is only good if you were in the market to buy Parallels 9 and 1Password. I would prefer to do a lot of restrictions in the host files manually before I installed something like Kaspersky on a computer. But we've been using the internet at home since 1997 without any sort of firewall or protection suite.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
I've been using CleanMyMac for years now. It's not recommended, but mostly because it's one of those apps you have to configure to do what you want every time, or yes, you will probably do something stupid. The 2.0 version wanted to delete my entire Documents folder the first time I ran it, thankfully I caught it before I hit run.

But it gets updated a lot, and is a legitimate product that is useful for those that don't want to do these things manually.

Fantastical is better on iOS IMO, I prefer the OS X calendar, and I use oneSafe instead of 1Password, however there's lots of raving for 1P. I have MacHider, but I don't actually use it.

The deal is only good if you were in the market to buy Parallels 9 and 1Password. I would prefer to do a lot of restrictions in the host files manually before I installed something like Kaspersky on a computer. But we've been using the internet at home since 1997 without any sort of firewall or protection suite.
I agree. I like CMM because it handles the specific commands for me. But I'm a software developer and know what I want done but don't want to deal with the details. I too would not recommend it for the non-techie.

As for Parallels, I got tired of having to pay annually for an upgrade, so I switched to Oracle's free VM VirtualBox. Again, not recommended for the non-techie, but for the tech-savvy, it can be tweaked to provide great performance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.