Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monnyblack1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
meridian ms
Is it me or 9.3.2 has something going on with the software to where third-party applications are not pushing notification. Like Facebook I'm not getting any of my notifications ,Instagram ,Twitter none of them. I have notifications turned on in the Notification Center..

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Im having a similar problem, but not the same exact one. I am having it with third party apps and my Apple Watch. I receive the notification on my phone, but not on my watch, even though the notification is turned on in watch settings.

Have you tried turning notifications on then off, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

monnyblack1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
meridian ms
Im having a similar problem, but not the same exact one. I am having it with third party apps and my Apple Watch. I receive the notification on my phone, but not on my watch, even though the notification is turned on in watch settings.

Have you tried turning notifications on then off, or uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
Yes nothing is working

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So no badges and nothing at all in Notification Center either? (I'm assuming DND isn't in play in any of this.)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Yes badges is showing up
Anything in Notification Center? I know Facebook has been somewhat weird about it for some time where badges would appear but mostly nothing in Notification Center. Instagram doesn't do notifications for many things, and for some that they do they never do badges. Twitter is somewhat more consistent but even there not everything gets a badge even if there is something in the Notification Center and vice versa. Any other apps that this kind of thing is happening with?

monnyblack1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
meridian ms
Anything in Notification Center? I know Facebook has been somewhat weird about it for some time where badges would appear but mostly nothing in Notification Center. Instagram doesn't do notifications for many things, and for some that they do they never do badges. Twitter is somewhat more consistent but even there not everything gets a badge even if there is something in the Notification Center and vice versa. Any other apps that this kind of thing is happening with?
Yes the app ( letgo ) and if I'm not mistaken Ebay

striders

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
FWIF, I am ALSO having problem with push notifications for certain 3rd party apps: Nest, Outlook, etc.. No badges. Tried all the usual routes: uninstall app, disable/enable notification, reboot, etc.

This happen with the same apps on 3 different devices: iPhone 6S+, iPad Pro 9.7 and iPad Pro 12.9. This seems to indicate that this is an issue with Apple's backend server, since it affect multiple 3rd party app on different devices but one common thing --> all affected apps rely on Apple's backend server.

Also, when I upgraded to 9.3.3, my iPad Pro now received delayed notification on built-in apps like Messages and Mails.

monnyblack1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2016
meridian ms
FWIF, I am ALSO having problem with push notifications for certain 3rd party apps: Nest, Outlook, etc.. No badges. Tried all the usual routes: uninstall app, disable/enable notification, reboot, etc.

This happen with the same apps on 3 different devices: iPhone 6S+, iPad Pro 9.7 and iPad Pro 12.9. This seems to indicate that this is an issue with Apple's backend server, since it affect multiple 3rd party app on different devices but one common thing --> all affected apps rely on Apple's backend server.

Also, when I upgraded to 9.3.3, my iPad Pro now received delayed notification on built-in apps like Messages and Mails.
I never heard of this now I did have this problem with Facebook

striders

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
I never heard of this now I did have this problem with Facebook

Yeah, right now I am trying to fix the problem with Outlook iOS having no notification. Seems like many people have the issues, though there is no clear solution or determination of what caused it. Just to name a few...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7526252?start=0&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7621327?start=0&tstart=0
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7587775?start=0&tstart=0

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.