Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JippaLippa

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 14, 2013
Hello.

I'm posting here as I figured most people discussing smart watches would be here, and I'm still going to mention the Apple Watch SE, as a possibility.

So, let's begin talking about the fact I'm not interested in wearing a smart watch as a wearable all the time.
I have no need for 90% of the functions of an apple watch, I don't like wearing a watch on me all the time and I don't need an other gadget to have my eyes glued to.

That said, I recently got into fitness a bit and I'd like to take track of my sleep in an effort to try fixing my many sleep issues.
I thought about the new 2022 Apple Watch SE, but I think it would still be overkill, especially since I'd only wear it when excercising and sleeping (and I'd love to have something less bulky, at it).

I was wondering if you could suggest me a good functional but bloat-ware free "smart watch/band" for my needs; that said I'd like something that would not require extra subscriptions.

On the other hand, I already have an iPhone, a mac and an apple tv and pay for apple one, so maybe the SE would still be the best choice for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.