Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
Hey. I've recently got a Nikon D60 camera and I've been playing around with it. I've got a few pictures in Aperture that I'm using to learn how to work Aperture better.

Here's a recent picture I've took:

http://flickr.com/photos/ayeying/3209601145/in/photostream/

I've edited a little of it in Aperture. However, the problem is, in Aperture, this picture looks grainy/noisy. Its on both of my Dell external monitor and the MacBook internal monitor. (I'm editing on the External because its not glossy). However, when I export it into a JPEG and/or upload it online, the noisy/grainy goes away.

Can anyone else check to see how grainy/noisy the picture is? I can't tell if the problem's with my monitor or aperture itself.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
No grain readily visible.

Specs on your Dell monitor? Is it an ultrasharp?

And what percentage are you blowing this up to?

Your ISO is at 1600, you should expect to get some noise. Drop the ISO.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
I used the Aperture2 trial every single day for the 30 days and never saw what your describing. I just bought the full version today :D

No I dont notice any grain in your picture either

ayeying

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
Its a Dell Wide 20" Flat Panel monitor, not ultrasharp or anything. Its funny, I see it on the internal screen on the MacBook also, but I dont see any noise on my dad's iMac. I only see it on this system.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
Its a Dell Wide 20" Flat Panel monitor, not ultrasharp or anything. Its funny, I see it on the internal screen on the MacBook also, but I dont see any noise on my dad's iMac. I only see it on this system.

Well, at least you've isolated your problem now. I suggest talking to AppleCare or getting an appointment with a genius.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.