Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

br.avery

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
What's a good camera bag you would recommend?
I don't want anything big and bulky.
Preferably Black.
I want it to fit my 13 inch macbook.
Nothing over $100.
and nothing geeky.

:)

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
You want a bag to hold a camera and a MacBook and NOT be geeky? :D

Seriously though, what kind of camera are we talking about? I use a briefcase for a laptop and a small, cheap P&S, but that might not be what you're using. My wife's big DSLR and two lenses are big enough that I wouldn't dare put them in the same bag with a computer, so those get their own bag.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
What's a good camera bag you would recommend?
I don't want anything big and bulky.
Preferably Black.
I want it to fit my 13 inch macbook.
Nothing over $100.
and nothing geeky.

:)

Why use a camera bag for a macbook? Do you have any camera equipment? Do you plan to put that in the bag too? What would that equipment be? Do you plan to buy more equipment later?

Is this for storage or transport? Or will you be working out of the bag? Will you be checking this as luggage? Outdoos or indoors only?

I store and transport m gear in Pelican cases. They really can take abuse. I pack the camera stuff in a light bag and then put the bag in the case. Then when I'm actully using the equipment I leave what I don't need in the case and use the bag.

When I'm backpacking and weight maters I store gear in a zip lock and wrap that in a jacket, socks or whatever.

termina3

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2007
TX
Eventually you'll collect enough camera equipment to where you have two bags: one for actual use and travel, and one for transporting equipment.

For use and travel, make it small and easy to carry. A body with lens, and maybe one additional lens or speedlight should be enough.

For transport, look into Pelican cases. They don't break, no matter what you do to them (seriously. Youtube search), and they're nicely organized. Great for air travel. The caveat, of course, is their expense.

Your additional spec for the Macbook makes things a little more difficult, but I'd suggest finding the smallest bag that will fit your macbook and your camera.

mati0000

macrumors member
Sep 6, 2006
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Kata Dr 467

Kata KT DR-467 Digital Rucksack (Black)

c69eb2e3046c72536ad6b3a3435d9ba0.jpg

Hmac

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2007
Midwest USA
I have been using a Computrekker AW for several years. It fits an extensive camera kik/lenses and my MacBook Pro quite easily, along with room for chargers, iPod etc. It travels great as personal carry-on, has been weatherproof and extremely durable despite some really harsh weather conditions and significant travel abuse, even in some third-world country transportation systems.

LowePro has some other laptop/camera bags. I don't know about them, but Lowepro is well-known for excellent quality and design. Look at http://products.lowepro.com/catalog/Notebook-Camera,16.htm

Wingnut330

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Central Ohio - USA
mati0001 - that is a very cool looking bag although I can't help but think that someone in this forum will accuse you of being a Canon fanboy since it's not a Nikon in the advertisement picture! :p:p:p

As for camera bags, I carry just my camera and lenses - no laptop. I have a LowePro bag and am happy with the build quality etc. They may make a combo bag too - give them a look.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.