Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you male or female?

• Male

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • Female

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
I personally have wondered this.... nothing sexist or anything about this poll i thought it would just be cool

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
good idea... you should start that poll, Im wondering who photography intrests more sex wise?

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
No matter your results, keep in mind that you'll actually be polling the percentage of photographers on Macrumors.com who are male and female. This might skew your results a little, to say the least. I'll leave it to you to guess which way it'll be tilted.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
b0tt094 said:
good idea... you should start that poll, Im wondering who photography intrests more sex wise?

A lot of people are interested in photography sex-wise. :p

If you can hold a camera, are you a photographer?

If you can use an SLR, are you a photographer?

If you're paid to photograph something, are you a photographer?

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
bousozoku said:
If you can hold a camera, are you a photographer?

If you can use an SLR, are you a photographer?

If you're paid to photograph something, are you a photographer?

If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?

L

Lau

bousozoku said:
It's a better question to ask the criteria for being a photographer?

Yes, I would happily vote as a female designer who is very much interested in photography and who takes a lot of photos (some of which people even think are good :eek: :D ), but I'm not sure I count as a photographer as such.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
b0tt094 said:
I personally have wondered this.... nothing sexist or anything about this poll i thought it would just be cool

This is a VERY biased pool. You are polling only MR users who are willing to respond to a poll and who are will is disclose gender. On average females using public forums are much less likely to disclose gender so much so that "decline to state" means "female" to a 99% certainty.

In the real world I'd gues as many women take pictures as man, maybe even more but I'll bet more men would call themselves "photographers".

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
ChrisA said:
This is a VERY biased pool. You are polling only MR users who are willing to respond to a poll and who are will is disclose gender. On average females using public forums are much less likely to disclose gender so much so that "decline to state" means "female" to a 99% certainty.

In the real world I'd gues as many women take pictures as man, maybe even more but I'll bet more men would call themselves "photographers".
Of people I personally know who are very interested in photography it is about 50/50, if anything, it leans slightly towards females.

However, take this into account. People interested in computers are often male. My computer science classes are about 15-20:1 ratio. This is a computer forum.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I think I remember something in Psychology 101 about men being more likely to react to visual stimulation than females... not sure if it applies here.:confused:

b0tt094

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
ok if u ask me u ont have to take pictures for a living or own a dslr U just have to LOVE photography and enjoy doing it, and every now and then you catch self saying "that would make a great picture" :p like i do

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
I don't think this poll has anything to do with the question. It just shows that there are more men on this forum!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.