Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bialylis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2020
Hi everyone!

http://weatherontheway.app

I have been working for a while on my new project - Weather on the Way. The app shows weather forecast for a travel route, along with sunrise and sunset and short description of weather at arrival. You can also try different routes or set the time of departure in the future. For obvious reasons, I'm waiting with the release until things quiet down, however I have opened a public beta program. I'm looking for feedback and criticism so I can address it before the release.

iPhone-11-Pro.png

bialylis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2020
I have updated the Beta version:
– Now includes time for sunrise and sunset times on Timeline
– Redesigned location picker
– Fixes to bugs such as where alternative route could not be changed and more
– You can now share the timeline view

sunser_sunrise_demo.png

bialylis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2020
New Beta!
– More details in Timeline View – Tap on a section to bring up visibility, feels like temperature, wind speed, UV index and precipitation
– Added Weather alerts – Tap an alert (!) on a map or Timeline View to bring up the alerts screen. It will automatically scroll to the alert at tapped place.
– Fixed minor bugs such as -0° and a bug where the parts of the route were not loading if the route went through a ferry

Also launched a twitter account for the app: https://twitter.com/WeatherOnTheWay

alerts.png
details.png

bialylis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2020
Weather on the Way is live!

Get the ultimate road weather app, with:
• Detailed forecast along your route
• Conditions, visibility, alerts and much more
• Try different routes and plan departure time

FREE PRO on your first 5 trips.

Download: http://weatherontheway.app/get

promo.png

bialylis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2020
Post release updates (1.0.1 and 1.0.2)
– Small bug fixes such as sharing feature and typos
– Added feature comparison between PRO and FREE
– For folks who hate subscriptions, there is now $29 Lifetime PRO option

To share a bit behind a curtain:

Launch went very well. The app was featured on 9to5mac, MacRumors, Club Mac Stories newsletter, iMore as well as few news sites from France, Germany, Netherlands and Czech Republic. And a nice video on youtube:

And Weather on the Way was featured by Apple on the "Apps We Love Right Now" list in US App Store!

Now I'm working on a big feature for version 1.1. It's the most requested feature in the app since the launch, so stay tuned
;)

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Is there a detailed precipitation in both app and widget?
I would like to see:
- see both amount (in mm/inch) and % precipitation (last one is shown in screenshots, first one isn't)
- show precipitation minute by minute in amount and %
- show precipitation upcoming hours in amount and %
- show precipitation upcoming days in amount and %

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.