Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roitrunks

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
Hello

I got the MX MASTER 3S Standard from logitech, with the biggest problem of this mouse, the scroll, not fluid and with delay, I do not like at all, after trying the application "MOS" it was better but not convincing.

So I sent this mouse back and went for the same one but MAC version, I can't do without this mouse, I hope the problem will be solved with a new one.

Can you tell me about your experiences?

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
i absolutely love my standard mx 3s and use it comfortably between windows and mac. Fortunately, I haven’t had any issues with scrolling as noted in the other thread. I’m curious how the Mac version performs in comparison.

Roitrunks

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
i absolutely love my standard mx 3s and use it comfortably between windows and mac. Fortunately, I haven’t had any issues with scrolling as noted in the other thread. I’m curious how the Mac version performs in comparison.
Do you mean that your mouse scrolls smoothly without latency? If you speed up scrolling, you don't have any problems?

Which logi Option + parameter do you use?

Do you use the "MOS" application?

it's strange that we don't, because my standard mx is new and I don't think it's defective.

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
I had no issues with this mouse and scrolling. I didn't use the Logitech software, however (I'm not a fan of installing Logitech software on my Mac -- too many problems with older versions has scared me away). I did use a small app called Smooze Pro which adds customizable smooth kinetic scrolling to any mouse.

However, I stopped using the mouse as it was just too big for my hands. If it were a bit smaller, it would be perfect. But as it is, it's uncomfortable for me to use.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I'm going to take a guess that there's no "physical differences" between the "non-Mac" and "Mac" versions (the non-Mac version does include a unifying receiver). Other than color, perhaps?

I agree with the comment above about NOT using the Logitech software.

Instead, I suggest either:
- SteerMouse
or
- USB Overdrive

... to take advantage of the additional buttons.

Roitrunks

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
I had no issues with this mouse and scrolling. I didn't use the Logitech software, however (I'm not a fan of installing Logitech software on my Mac -- too many problems with older versions has scared me away). I did use a small app called Smooze Pro which adds customizable smooth kinetic scrolling to any mouse.

However, I stopped using the mouse as it was just too big for my hands. If it were a bit smaller, it would be perfect. But as it is, it's uncomfortable for me to use.
but you can't use the mouse buttons... it loses its interest

Roitrunks

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
I'm going to take a guess that there's no "physical differences" between the "non-Mac" and "Mac" versions (the non-Mac version does include a unifying receiver). Other than color, perhaps?

I agree with the comment above about NOT using the Logitech software.

Instead, I suggest either:
- SteerMouse
or
- USB Overdrive

... to take advantage of the additional buttons.
but you can't use the mouse buttons... it loses its interest

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
I love mine, no issues at all using it with Mac. I pair it with the Logitech MX Keys. Works great for me at least. No issue with scrolling, I am sensitive to that kind of thing.

So I sent this mouse back and went for the same one but MAC version

Not really sure that is going to make any difference, the only difference is the colour option and it does not come with a dongle. Of course, it could be a fault with your current mouse.

Roitrunks

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
I'm thinking of sending it back, it's horrible, what a ****** scrolling even with your tips pff
I love mine, no issues at all using it with Mac. I pair it with the Logitech MX Keys. Works great for me at least. No issue with scrolling, I am sensitive to that kind of thing.

Not really sure that is going to make any difference, the only difference is the colour option and it does not come with a dongle. Of course, it could be a fault with your current mouse.
after testing the 2 mice, the defilement is disastrous for sale.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
It’s a good mouse. Software adds to it However Logitech software is not my cup of tea

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Do you mean that your mouse scrolls smoothly without latency? If you speed up scrolling, you don't have any problems?

Which logi Option + parameter do you use?

Do you use the "MOS" application?

it's strange that we don't, because my standard mx is new and I don't think it's defective.
Nope. I often speed scroll on my work computer (windows) and have had no issues - all smooth. I use the receiver on the windows, Bluetooth on the mac, and no applications on either.

Roitrunks

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 25, 2023
Hello

I got the MX MASTER 3S Standard from logitech, with the biggest problem of this mouse, the scroll, not fluid and with delay, I do not like at all, after trying the application "MOS" it was better but not convincing.

So I sent this mouse back and went for the same one but MAC version, I can't do without this mouse, I hope the problem will be solved with a new one.

Can you tell me about your experiences?
finally I found my happiness in the logitech M650, clicks silently, works perfectly with the mac and MOS, fluid no recharge just a battery, Bluetooth or USB choice.

in white size M, I LOVE IT, I recommend it, small and light it will turn your mac into a war machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.