Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Siddharth3322

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2021
I have iMac Late 2013 model and it didn't have SSD installed by default so I have decided to upgrade it with NVMe SSD.

For this purpose, I have purchased 2 devices:
  1. M.2 NVME SSD Convert Adapter Card
  2. Kingston 1TB A2000 M.2 2280 Nvme Internal SSD
All setups got completed properly and worked for around 1 week without any issue. One day I decided to transfer my whole work data to an installed SSD because it was almost empty.

During this copying process around 120GB of data get transferred but suddenly it gets stuck with some error. This is my current situation of installed NVMe SSD, I have recorded a video for this and uploaded it on Google Drive:
NVMe SSD Failed Video Recording

It is stopped me to write something on it so I have decided to format this but it giving me this kind of error message:
nvme disk utility.png

I have read different posts related to similar issues but everyone is struggling so I have decided to create a new post with all my recent information.

Adapter and SSD both I have purchased new from Amazon. I don't know why this kind of problem occurred whether it's because of heavy data transfer in one shot.

Please share your opinion so I can solve this problem.

shaikm6786

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2021
were you able to solve this issue as I am also getting the same issue. Appreciate your quick input if you solved already

Siddharth3322

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 19, 2021
Actually, I have purchased the wrong NVMe SSD for my Late 2013 iMac.
I require to purchase an SSD that is most compatible with the iMac.

I have a really good discussion in one other popular forum so you can go through that
A writable disk is required

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.