Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomjyoutwit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
Hi all,

I purchased a 1.1 a while ago and I have tried everything to try and get it to boot but have never managed to get an image on screen.

The seller assures me it was working and it came with a 2600xt and i've tried it with this, a 6870 and an unknown ATi card with no joy.

The status light on the front remains solid and there are no error lights on the RAM daughterboards.

I dusted off an old 2010 iMac and booted into target disc mode and the 3.5 inch drive showed and allowed me access.

I'm now totally out of ideas, I am trying to source a copy of snow leopard to see if that helps but the OS looked good on Target Disc Drive.

Please share your ideas- i'm happy to try anything!

Many Thanks

Macschrauber

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2015
Germany
Does it chime?

Do a triple nvram reset in a row, it should give a white screen with an Apple 2600XT.

Not with a 6870, even if flashed there is only a EFI64 for this card, for 1.1 you'll need EFI32.

2600XT has Dual EFI32/64 firmware.

tomjyoutwit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
Thanks. I have got it showing on the network but can not get into it with screen sharing so Will try what you suggested.

Do I turn on , reset nv then force power off and repeat?

tomjyoutwit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
I powered on, held for three chimes and then it chimed itself a fourth. The TV woke up but says no signal through PC will leave it for 5 minutes and report back

tomjyoutwit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
So I've removed the HDD and put it into an old plastic core 2 duo mac and turned screen sharing on.

I am now in the Machine but nothing I do enables the mouse to work - any ideas? It's on 10.7

tomjyoutwit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
I used mouse keys in the end!

Device reports no GPU plugged in even though the 2600XT is spinning it's fan?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.