Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jmmarnette

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 5, 2018
seeing that benchmarks show that a11x is as fast as an i5 ,I think that apple should offer it on tablets aiming to replace laptop tts iPad Pro 12 inches

Reactions: ShaunAFC3

walkthruwalls

macrumors member
Apr 30, 2014
waters of Thailand
seeing that benchmarks show that a11x is as fast as an i5 ,I think that apple should offer it on tablets aiming to replace laptop tts iPad Pro 12 inches

The current iPads are overkill already in speed and processing power for the apps that's available for it. Aside from obsessing with benchmark numbers, why specifically do we want A11X? Maybe for iOS12 with MicroLED Pros next year. Should be perfect when Apple will finally give us Mac + iOS apps integration.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShaunAFC3

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
,I think that apple should offer it on tablets aiming to replace laptop tts iPad Pro 12 inches
What will that performance increase provide for you that the current processor doesn't?

Unlike laptops/desktops the tablet has a number of limitations, specifically with multitasking, ram and storage. How will a faster processor over-come those limitations?

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
same for iphone but this processor is inside the x _
But you're asking about replacing laptops with the iPad, the iPhone's use of the Bionic chip is immaterial because you're not looking to use the iPhone to replace a laptop.

As it stands for some people the current iPads can and do replace laptops, for many others, it cannot. The use of a faster chip (in my opinion) does not in any way alter the equation, so if the iPad Pro in 2017 cannot replace a laptop for your needs, then a new iPad Pro with the A11 Bionic will not either

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.