Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AirPods

• Buy it.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Wait for newer.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

ParaShot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2016
Ankara, Turkey
So basically I want to buy a pair of them. After WWDC and any news about AirPods I'm considering that AirPods are not the priority for Apple. Still concerned about September event but I think if there was something, they should've leaked like all other stuff. :D

After all those months, is AirPod still worth? Or are we really end of the cycle but Apple is keeping really secret.

And final question what makes you buy the newer generation? If your answer is yes why and what do you need + to these ones. Waterproof, better sound, tap functions etc.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
So basically I want to buy a pair of them. After WWDC and any news about AirPods I'm considering that AirPods are not the priority for Apple. Still concerned about September event but I think if there was something, they should've leaked like all other stuff. :D

After all those months, is AirPod still worth? Or are we really end of the cycle but Apple is keeping really secret.

And final question what makes you buy the newer generation? If your answer is yes why and what do you need + to these ones. Waterproof, better sound, tap functions etc.

There’s only been one rumor so far a possible release of version two of the AirPods may launch later in 2018. Otherwise, there is nothing else credible at this point. My suggestion is still take advantage of the current AirPods, they are an excellent product, yes; they’re not water resistant, but they still do very well in conditions with moisture and inside the gym.

If there is a version two of AirPods, I imagine hardware will be very similar, likely improvements with software. They’re also has been one rumor that the AirPods might have a hands-free Siri without having to double tap.

ParaShot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2016
Ankara, Turkey
There’s only been one rumor so far a possible release of version two of the AirPods may launch later in 2018. Otherwise, there is nothing else credible at this point. My suggestion is still take advantage of the current AirPods, they are an excellent product, yes; they’re not water resistant, but they still do very well in conditions with moisture and inside the gym.

If there is a version two of AirPods, I imagine hardware will be very similar, likely improvements with software. They’re also has been one rumor that the AirPods might have a hands-free Siri without having to double tap.

Thanks for the reply. I don't think hands-free Siri will makes me want to buy version 2. Otherwise if it'll be like this I think I'm going to buy this version and enjoy it!

Reactions: 44267547

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks for the reply. I don't think hands-free Siri will makes me want to buy version 2. Otherwise if it'll be like this I think I'm going to buy this version and enjoy it!

Apple has never been known to make drastic hardware changes, that’s why I forsee version two of the AirPods being very similar, they might offer an alternative color. But I imagine everything will be primarily software related. But the current AirPods are outstanding, one of the best accessories I have purchased next to the Apple Watch. Take advantage and enjoy them.

ParaShot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2016
Ankara, Turkey
Apple has never been known to make drastic hardware changes, that’s why I forsee version two of the AirPods being very similar, they might offer an alternative color. But I imagine everything will be primarily software related. But the current AirPods are outstanding, one of the best accessories I have purchased next to the Apple Watch. Take advantage and enjoy them.

Even tough I knew there's going to be a Watch Series 4 I bought series 3 a month ago and I loved it! So if you say so I will love Pods too :D. What about battery or other things. Does it feel like 3 year old technology or it still feels like fresh?

Reactions: 44267547

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Even tough I knew there's going to be a Watch Series 4 I bought series 3 a month ago and I loved it! So if you say so I will love Pods too :D. What about battery or other things. Does it feel like 3 year old technology or it still feels like fresh?

I would say the strongest point to the AirPods actually is the battery life. And something I think that’s underrated about the AirPods is how quickly they charge, 15 minutes of charging is actually equivalent to three hours of usage. And the portable battery pack is something that will keep your AirPods charged for you whenever you’re ready to use it. But as far as the technology is concerned with AirPods, the best part about it is how easily they pair with the iPhone and when you pull one Airpod out, the music will pause and then you re-insert the AirPod, then it will resume. The double tap feature works well when giving commands to Siri.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010

It will be wicked if they are able to bring the W chips in AirPods and probably make them water-resistant. Some form of sonic improvement would go a long way towards sales, too.

ParaShot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 15, 2016
Ankara, Turkey
I would say the strongest point to the AirPods actually is the battery life. And something I think that’s underrated about the AirPods is how quickly they charge, 15 minutes of charging is actually equivalent to three hours of usage. And the portable battery pack is something that will keep your AirPods charged for you whenever you’re ready to use it. But as far as the technology is concerned with AirPods, the best part about it is how easily they pair with the iPhone and when you pull one Airpod out, the music will pause and then you re-insert the AirPod, then it will resume. The double tap feature works well when giving commands to Siri.
What you said really makes me want to buy right now :D. Thanks for all the info I will definitely think about it!
It will be wicked if they are able to bring the W chips in AirPods and probably make them water-resistant. Some form of sonic improvement would go a long way towards sales, too.
I agree W chips could work alot in AirPods but i’m still thinking they are gonna wait until early 2019 to announce something like this. I would say airpods still selling incredible. But i’m kind of person that really concerned about the newest one so i don’t know what to do :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.